It was extremely sad to see how the demographics in Russia have changed since their abandonment of communism. For a developed country, I was shocked to discover that the average age for a male is 56 years. The despair and hopelessness in Russia makes me question whether communism was a better political system in Russia. At least under communist rule every citizen had a place to sleep at night. The move to a free market economy was also a move away from all of the goals of the Soviet Union. Even though capitalism has thrived in the U.S., it has turned Russia into a a backwards state: so backwards that people would rather have an abortion than raise their kids in Russia.
This was a really interesting video to watch. I had no idea that there was this kind of thing going on in Russia. I just assumed that they were better without communism and I'd never heard anything to contradict that belief. This video made me really sad. It seemed pretty legit too, not overly dramatic except for the end. I mean, all the pictures were real and the people honestly looked like they had a really harsh life.
I wish they could some how get help from the world. I mean when they were communist everything they did was the US's buisness and now we want nothing to do with them.
2 comments:
It was extremely sad to see how the demographics in Russia have changed since their abandonment of communism. For a developed country, I was shocked to discover that the average age for a male is 56 years. The despair and hopelessness in Russia makes me question whether communism was a better political system in Russia. At least under communist rule every citizen had a place to sleep at night. The move to a free market economy was also a move away from all of the goals of the Soviet Union. Even though capitalism has thrived in the U.S., it has turned Russia into a a backwards state: so backwards that people would rather have an abortion than raise their kids in Russia.
This was a really interesting video to watch. I had no idea that there was this kind of thing going on in Russia. I just assumed that they were better without communism and I'd never heard anything to contradict that belief. This video made me really sad. It seemed pretty legit too, not overly dramatic except for the end. I mean, all the pictures were real and the people honestly looked like they had a really harsh life.
I wish they could some how get help from the world. I mean when they were communist everything they did was the US's buisness and now we want nothing to do with them.
Post a Comment