http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQBVE9BzYk Intro Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mgSPiAiBjU&feature=related Got good reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6MdEp2Ppag&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQBVE9BzYk Renaissance Art
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qA6aX1Tfnw Ladies in Art
http://www.studystack.com/studytable-482 Great Art Review Site and Practice
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Church_Stuff/Popes_Renaissance.htm - Kind of neat to look at.
http://www.learner.org/interactives/renaissance/middleages_sub.html Renaissance Website
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0073106925/student_view0/interactive_glossary.html Text Book Glossary site to help out!http://www.fresno.k12.ca.us/divdept/sscience/podcasts.html Dr. Sanderson's Podcasts
http://www.realarmorofgod.com/renaissance-fashion.html Clothing
http://lorribrown.suite101.com/life-during-the-renaissance-a47227 Daily Life
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Church_Stuff/Popes_Renaissance.htm Popes
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/michelangelo.htm Mike Paints the Chapel
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/alexanderVI.htm Death of a Pope
I found Mr. Stip Podast on I Tunes but can't see to get them to play. They are free so if someone can figure it out and teach this old dog it would make me very happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I watched the youtube video Ladies in Art. Although there were no words I got a sense of how women were looked upon during this time period. They were glorified and looked upon as having beauty and being fertile and pure. In many of the pictures shown in the video they look very regal and none of them are smiling. I imagine this is because they are supposed to look proper and perfect. They all looked very gentle and they were painted in such a way to make them appear perfect and fragile.
I watched the Youtube video that "got good reviews". It was pretty good! Although it was just a basic introduction of what the Renaissance was, if I was just beginning to learn about the Renaissance it would've been great. It went over paintings, architecture, frescoes, medical discoveries, and all of the new ideas that arose in the Renaissance. It also went over some of the big names that we learned in class - Da Vinci, Galileo, Copernicus, Machiavelli, King Henry VIII, Geoffrey Chaucer, and a few others. Even though I knew the information, the clip was a good reminder as to what the basic definition of the Renaissance is.
I read the death of a pope about Alexander VI's death. It was cool how they actually found diary entries by someone who was actually there when Alexander VI died. In the end nobody cared for the pope because of his corrupt practices such as sale of indulgences, sale of Cardinalships, etc. His illegitimate son, Cesare, came with men to forcibly steal all of Alexander VI's stuff right before or right after he died. Like father, like son. Also the body wasn't taken care of well at all, the guy writing was actually worried someone might take out their frustrations on the body if wronged by Alexander VI. They left the body there so long it started decomposing. Who just leaves a body lying around for that long? When they finally did take care of the body they didn't even build a big enough coffin. Everything about this from the death to the way they went about taking care of his body was just bizarre.
I read about the renassiance popes. I learned that some popes were direct d'Medicis or Borgias. I also learned that most popes had some ties to the families. This must have given the families a considerable amount of power>
I watched the video for intro to the rennaissance (got good reviews) It was really intense and kept my attention through the entire video. I learned about how the rennaissance really covered alot of aspects of learning.
I read the fashion article, I find it interesting that fashion was a status symbol as it is now. Women wore so many layers and it must have been so hard to move around, and it must have been very hot. Hair seems to be a very private thing, as it was in The Girl with A Pearl Earring, why was it such a big deal to show your hair? Many people could not afford designer clothes so the better clothes you had the richer you were. In times of money many people pawned off their clothes in order to make money. Adding accesorries and stiffness or ruffles to your neck was very popular.
I read the fashion article, I find it interesting that fashion was a status symbol as it is now. Women wore so many layers and it must have been so hard to move around, and it must have been very hot. Hair seems to be a very private thing, as it was in The Girl with A Pearl Earring, why was it such a big deal to show your hair? Many people could not afford designer clothes so the better clothes you had the richer you were. In times of money many people pawned off their clothes in order to make money. Adding accesorries and stiffness or ruffles to your neck was very popular.
The Youtube video, "Ladies of Renaissance Art" didn't provide much information but it showed how ladies were portrayed in Renaissance art. They were all portrayed as wealthy and extravagant or angelic. The pictures were all painted of wealthy women, i presume, as the poor would not have been able to afford such extravagancies.
I read the article on Michelangelo. I was interested to know that at first he refused to paint the Vatican ceiling because he was a sculptor and not a painter. I also realized how powerful the pope was over people since he had gotten Michelangelo to paint the entire ceiling in a year.
Post a Comment