I LOVE art history. And of the little that I know about it, the first and best example I have of the connection between art and history is...Guernica! I learned a ton about this painting in Spanish last year...and find it amazing how symbolic and original it is. Once you know even a little about the different aspects in his work, it inspires you to seek out things like that in other works...or at least it did for me...maybe I'm weird but whatever. So anyway that book looks awesome.
"How could it be possible to feel no interest in other people, and with a cool indifference to detach yourself from the very life which they bring to you so abundantly?" ~Picasso
Ok Picasso is officially my hero. The fact that he created a picture that could evoke such a response from the public is really inspiring.I love that he used his art to translate his view of the world to the people. Picasso's art was not just for himself but for everyone, his art was more than just a personal hobby, it was his way of using his talents to reach out to the world. Thats really cool
At least for me, when I used to think of Picasso I would just think of really weird paintings and something cool to look at. However, it’s really cool how he actually has a point to his art work. I mean this site puts the symbolic meanings in his life in perspective for me. Once I read the quote Emma posted above it made me think for a good amount of time and Emma hit it on the head, he really did have meanings for his painting and now it makes me believe he truly was an important figure.
3 comments:
I LOVE art history. And of the little that I know about it, the first and best example I have of the connection between art and history is...Guernica! I learned a ton about this painting in Spanish last year...and find it amazing how symbolic and original it is. Once you know even a little about the different aspects in his work, it inspires you to seek out things like that in other works...or at least it did for me...maybe I'm weird but whatever. So anyway that book looks awesome.
"How could it be possible to feel no interest in other people, and with a cool indifference to detach yourself from the very life which they bring to you so abundantly?"
~Picasso
Ok Picasso is officially my hero. The fact that he created a picture that could evoke such a response from the public is really inspiring.I love that he used his art to translate his view of the world to the people. Picasso's art was not just for himself but for everyone, his art was more than just a personal hobby, it was his way of using his talents to reach out to the world. Thats really cool
i sound ridiculous
At least for me, when I used to think of Picasso I would just think of really weird paintings and something cool to look at. However, it’s really cool how he actually has a point to his art work. I mean this site puts the symbolic meanings in his life in perspective for me. Once I read the quote Emma posted above it made me think for a good amount of time and Emma hit it on the head, he really did have meanings for his painting and now it makes me believe he truly was an important figure.
Post a Comment