http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/REN/BACK.HTM Good background reading
http://www.studystack.com/studytable-482 Great Art Time Period Site
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Church_Stuff/Popes_Renaissance.htm - Kind of neat to look at.
http://petrarch.petersadlon.com/canzoniere.html Listen to one of his pieces.
http://www.learner.org/interactives/renaissance/middleages_sub.html Virtual tour if working
http://www.teacheroz.com/renaissance.htm#maps Everything you ever wanted to know and more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The background reading on the Italian Renaissance was a good review for the test. The page reexamined the Italians city-states and the Papal States. It also got more detailed on the social class structure. It talked about five classes instead of the simple three class system. The page also talked about slavery which we did not go over in the class room. The page was very helpful not at only helping me review for the test, but help me understand the Renaissance a little better.
I was truly impressed by the way the author, Richard hooker, was able to relate every single renaissance change to the obtaining of money or status. Everything from social class, slavery and the fall of Papacy he related very simply to $$$$. I liked the way it was subdivided too.
I really found the gigantic database of Renaissance "stuff" very interesting, and ended up exploring the web and listening to Renaissance music on YouTube. As for the selection on the Renaissance, it did a good job summarizing the events in a nice sized selection. I found the distinctions in the class system to be very helpful, as I was a little unclear before. I also thought that the Merchant the nobility lost a lot of their land because of debt related issues. I think that the article shoud have mentioned the fact that many of the nobles married members of the merchat class to create a new hybrid Urban upper class, however.
as for the poem, It was interesting listening to Italian...
I choose to read from the first link and I though it was very interesting because there was an entire section on slavery that we were not able to cover in class. It was interesting how as all of the Italian city-states grew, so did the demand of slaves. This website was also good because it helped to reinforce such ideas like how bankers were becoming the new wealth rather than the noble class.
This was a lot of information. I liked the Ipod quiz thing. Looked like that would be interesting. The list of Popes and and Page with all the Art would also be very interesting. The first web site that has basic overview of all the main subjects would be very useful on a test and in writing an essay.
I thought that the art test was an interesting way to study. After exploring the site a bit, I would have to say that the format of covering up answers or different pieces of the chart is an effective way to study. I also liked the link that went to the shocking-yellow page. There was a lot to learn on this site and its layout was quite helpful.
Post a Comment