http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQBVE9BzYk Intro Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mgSPiAiBjU&feature=related Got good reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6MdEp2Ppag&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQBVE9BzYk Renaissance Art
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qA6aX1Tfnw Ladies in Art
http://www.studystack.com/studytable-482 Great Art Review Site and Practice
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Church_Stuff/Popes_Renaissance.htm- Kind of neat to look at.
http://www.learner.org/interactives/renaissance/middleages_sub.html Renaissance Website
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0073106925/student_view0/interactive_glossary.htmlText Book Glossary site to help out!
http://www.fresno.k12.ca.us/divdept/sscience/podcasts.html Dr. Sanderson's Podcasts
http://www.learner.org/interactives/renaissance/middleages_sub.html - I like La Renaissace on the side column.
http://www.teacheroz.com/renaissance.htm#maps
Map Games
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/country_europe_G2_drag-drop.html tough geo game
http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/euroquiz.html Easy Game
http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/europe.html Another Game
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072424370/student_view0/animated_maps.html#
http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/school-of-athens.html School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I watched the Renaissance art video that explained many of the major Italian artists and each of their particular styles and techniques in painting/architecture. Out of all the incredible Renaissance masters, I have picked three of note that, in watching/reading about them, intrigued me and revealed much about the artistic styles. Firstly, Michelangelo: although he was the best documented of all renaissance artists, he was vehement about resisting work under contract by patron. He depicted scenes, and people the way he understood, like adding 'horns' on Moses; but he was ultimately forced by the Pope Julius II to paint the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Next there is Raphael; who is apparently renowned for his perfection of detail and structure of his paintings. in the Triumph of Galatea, he positioned Galatea head 'subtly but in the exact center of the painting.' Lastly, Donatello; noted for his ability to paint in relief, making the picture or sculpture appear as deeper than it is, as well as portraying moods, such ass the hollow eyed, toothless figures that express a horrid mood.
I also watched the intro video with the epic music and slideshow skills, this video pumped me up while i was learning... It started by explaining that the renaissance was a time of rebirth, revolution, and ultimately changed the world forever. Pointing out the major figures involved with biuliding the impact that the renaissance truly and touching on a few of the most important discoveries and revelations. Anatomy: DaVinci. Circulatory system, heliocentric theory, and frescoes, and paintings that revolutionized the rules of art. Everything about the Renaissance was revolutionary.
I watched The Renaissance: An Introduction, and I learned about many key works of art and key figures of the Renaissance. Most of the video was visual, but this allowed me to see many great sculptures, such as Michelangelo's David. I also saw many architectural feats of the Renaissance, including Brunelleschi's Florence Cathedral. Lastly, I learned about important scientific discoveries made during this time period, such as the discovery of the circulatory system, the Heliocentric Universe, and Anatomy. Ultimately I learned how the Renaissance changed the world forever in a great age of rebirth.
I also visited the learner.org website, where I learned of the New Middle Class during the Renaissance. I learned that while basic needs were now met, the middle class expanded their interests, desiring larger homes, better food, and fine art. All this new desire stimulated the economy and improved the quality of middle class life overall. Leisure time was also now available to the middle class, which enabled education to become a near-essential for positions such as banking and accounting, and reading for pleasure also became a staple of middle class lives.Florence was a great example of a city-state impacted greatly by this booming economy, as their most prominent leaders, the Medici family, were businessmen and not nobles. The Medici's set the standard for the upper class, living in beautiful homes and enjoying the delicacies of life.
First, I watched Italian Renaissance Art. The video covered a great number of great artists. It also delved into different metaphorical gestures in the paintings themselves, such as the positions of hands in Raffaello's Disputa. Additionally, the it explores artistic inspirations of different works like Donatello's Madonna, which drew inspiration from the Greek stelai.
The second video that I watched was The Renaissance: an introduction. This video glossed over the artwork that Italian Renaissance Art covered in detail and briefly explored other areas of discovery. Examples include (the theory of) heliocentricity and the discovery of the circulatory system. Its melodramatic editing did not add much to the video.
Post a Comment